Saturday, October 6, 2012

DHA To Discuss Womack/Vermack Intersection


Click on agenda to enlarge
Above is the agenda for the DHA's October meeting at 7pm, Sunday at the Spruill Center for the Arts next to the Dunwoody Library.  The item that has my attention is discussion of the Womack/Vermack intersection (city renderings below).  City staff appears to be pushing for a roundabout to replace the flashing red light.  I'm okay with a roundabout as opposed to a traditional stop light, however, I am concerned about pedestrian safety - more specifically the safety of the kids walking to school in the morning and afternoon.  I'm anxious to hear what staff has to say.  I'm also not thrilled with all the added pavement extending from the roundabout along both Womack and Vermack.  If you live near the intersection, please plan to attend the meeting.

Click on photo to enlarge

No comments: