Thursday, August 18, 2011

Movie Under the Stars; The Other Dunwoody


A reminder that the City of Dunwoody is hosting, free of charge, a family-friendly movie Friday night at Brook Run Park.  The film, Mars Needs Moms, is a Disney sci-fi animation that features the voices of Seth Green and Joan Cusak.  Bring your lawn chairs and blankets.   The movie stars at 8:45pm (or after dark).  For more details, click Dunwoody's showing of Mars Needs Moms, and for the movie trailer, click on the photo above.

One View on Parks' Bonds


As some of you may know, at this point in time, I am against the City of Dunwoody's $33 million dollar bond for parks' improvements.  In order to vote for the bond, I would need to know a lot more about how this money will be spent.  I don't think it's wise to write a blank check to anyone.  And I want to know if all other avenues have been exausted in order to raise this money (have we solicited every major company in the metro Atlanta area to gauge their interest in "sponsoring" a park - i.e. naming rights)?  Plus, I see this bond as a "want" and not a "need." 
As for the land acquisition bond, it has merit.  However, I still need to know a lot more about the properties the city plans to purchase.  Are we targeting properties that will limit future high-density housing that would continue the overcrowding of our schools and roads? 
Those are my brief thoughts.  This morning, I found it interesting to read the thoughts of "The Other Dunwoody."  I have no idea who the author of this blog is, but at the very least, this person brings up some points to ponder.  Click on The Other Dunwoody to read. 

No comments: