Monday, July 20, 2009

40th Anniversary of Moon Landing; Free Pastry at Starbucks

It's hard for me to believe it's been 40 years since Apollo 11 landed on the moon. I can recall that evening in 1969, sitting next to my Dad on the most uncomfortable bench you can imagine, in our small TV room, watching as history was made, fulfilling the bold statement by President Kennedy 8 years earlier that America would put a man on the moon by the end of the decade. (to watch the moon landing, click on the photo. Narration by the late, great Walter Cronkite).
-
Are you a lover of Starbucks coffee? If so, click on the attached coupon and print it out to receive a free pastry (with the purchase of a cup of coffee) tomorrow morning (July 21). Personally, I'm not a lover of Starbucks coffee. It's okay, but if you gave me the choice of Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts coffee, I'd take Dunkin' Donuts every time!

No comments: