Thursday, July 16, 2009

Radar Signs; Thumbs Up for Taken; School Dedication

This past Monday, the Dunwoody City Council approved the purchase of 10 permanent radar signs (presumably like the once pictured) to help slow traffic on the city's main thoroughfares, particularly near our schools. If you click on the picture, you will see a report that says when the signs are turned on, the number of speeders decreased from 5 in 10, to 1 in 10. If that's the case, I agree with the council's vote to spend the $50,000 on this project. The current signs on Mt. Vernon and Chamblee Dunwoody certainly have made me more cognisant of my speed. -
This week I saw the film Taken starring Liam Neeson. I gave it two thumbs up, although the heroics of Liam are unrealistic and the film is riddled with violence. I highly recommend it for parents. To watch the trailer, click on the photo.
-
In the mail yesterday I received an invitation to attend the dedication ceremony for the new Dunwoody Elementary School. The ceremony will take place Saturday, August 8 at 11 am. I assume all parents received a similar invitation. Here's hoping the new building is complete for the first day of school on August 10.

No comments: