Saturday, February 6, 2010

Odds & Ends

Why was Dunwoody's Football Coach Fired?

Just why was Dunwoody football coach Michael Youngblood fired after one year on the job - a year in which he led the Wildcats to a 7-5 record and a spot in the state playoffs? I have no idea. I have sent an email to Dunwoody principal Dr. Kevin Harris - if I get a reply I'll send it along.
For now, all we can do is speculate, which the bloggers are doing quite well on The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's website. At last check, there were 156 comments, ranging from "Sounds like Mr. Principal had too big of an ego" to "Maybe the coach filled his gas tank three times in one day on the county gas card. No wait, that doesn’t get you in trouble in Dekalb County….."

Lost Cat
(click on image to enlarge)



















Super Bowl

As many of you know I was a sportscaster for CNN and Fox Sports Net for 20 years, and still do a lot of freelance work in my spare time. Thus, I consider myself someone of a football expert. NOT! But I will give you my prediction for the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning is virtually unstoppable, throwing for 275 yards and 3 touchdowns, as the Colts beat the Saints 31-24. And just to clarify - I'm not rooting against the Saints, I simply feel the Colts will win!

No comments: