Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Runoff Voting Made Easy

Last Tuesday's election draw almost 10,000 Dunwoody voters to the polls.  That's the good news.  The not-so-good news is that number represents less than 37 percent of the registered voters in the city.
On December 6, Dunwoody will hold a runoff election for mayor as well as city council, at large district 1.  If the runoff draws approximately the same numbers as the runoff three years ago, less than 2,000 voters will decide those key positions. 
With that, DeKalb County Board of Elections has made it easy to vote in the runoff.  By clicking on the photo below, you can download the form to request an absentee ballot.



Former Candidate for Mayor Makes Endorsements

I received the following email from former mayoral candidate Gordon Jackson.  I thought Gordon would have made an exceptional mayor - a man of high character who sticks by his principles.

Thanks to those of you who voted for me. I am most appreciative of and humbled by your support. Although I fell a little short in the race, this was an amazing process and I urge your continued participation in the City of Dunwoody affairs. Dunwoody is a great place to live but I can tell you from my discussions with hundreds of citizens, there is no shortage of opinions on what needs to be done or what direction the city should pursue. Your voice needs to be heard in the process. Not only at the polls but also at the City Council meetings and the city boards, the planning commission, etc. Stay involved.
There are two runoff races remaining and the vote for those races will be December 6th. Depending on the results of the runoff races, the council could have a very different philosophical base. I remain very concerned about the power of the big building, high density development agencies in the Perimeter area and their ability to directly affect the direction of Dunwoody growth and completely change the character of the city. Therefore, I am endorsing Mike Davis for mayor since I believe him to be the only candidate now in the race who will fight for a traditional Dunwoody. The attachment contains an advertisement which is running in today's Crier. I urge your support and vote for Mike in the election on December 6th.
In concert with my concern for the direction of the city in the future, I am also endorsing Terry Nall in the runoff council race. I have known Terry for some time and believe him to also stand for traditional Dunwoody values. I also urge your support and vote for Terry on December 6th.
Thanks to you all again. Your support meant more than you will ever know.

Gordon Jackson

No comments: