Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Masters


The Masters Tournament got started this morning at Augusta National - in my mind the greatest golf tournament in the world. I had the priviledge of covering the tournament on 10 different occasions, and I wouldn't trade those experiences. The first time I stepped on the hallowed grounds at Augusta National was in 1986. I was there to witness Jack Nicklaus make history by winning the Masters for a record 6th time. I returned in 1987 to see Larry Mize's miracle chip-in to win, and the next day got to play the golf course. I played again in 1996 (the proof is in the picture above). I've had the opportunity to interview such legends as Arnold Palmer, Nick Faldo, Greg Norman and yes, Tiger Woods. Needless to say, I will be glued to the television this weekend watching history made.

1 comment:

Chip said...

Two things....

1) Did you stage this shot? Remarkable how accurate the timing was to catch the ball just on the lip of the cup.....

2) You needed a haircut that day!!!