Monday, November 1, 2010

DeKalb Schools Have Tuesday Off



My Halloween costume:   a grumpy old man answering the door!
Hope you had a happy Halloween.  As we move into November, a reminder that Tuesday is not only election day, but DeKalb County Schools have the day off, as many voting precincts are in the schools.  I'm not sure how it worked when I was in school, but I know I didn't get the day off, and I remember elections taking place in the school building while we were attending classes.  I don't recall it being much of a distraction.

3 comments:

Steve Barton said...

That is a very good Old Codger outfit! You look authentically unpleasant! Here is my favorite Old Codger.

If the schools are closed for the election, why did I help the Austin Precinct team set up at North Atlanta Church of Christ today?!

Bob Fiscella said...

Steve - love it!

DunwoodyTalk said...

the Austin precinct has been at the church for a few years now. Not sure why they still call it Austin precinct.