Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Repaving Tilly Mill

If you're like me and have to drive on Tilly Mill Rd. on a regular basis, the scene in the photo above, taken yesterday, was like sweet music to the ears.  Or, to be more precise, tires.  The city is repaving!  The section of Tilly Mill from Peeler Rd. to Peachtree Industrial was one of the worst stretches of road in the metropolitan Atlanta area (okay, I exaggerate).  Even the most skilled drivers couldn't avoid hitting multiple potholes.  Now - it's smooth sailing.  My tires, not to mention shocks, thank the city!

Tax Bills are Out

Yesterday I received my tax bill from DeKalb County and was ecstatic!  My property taxes had actually dropped by a few hundred dollars.  But then I read the bill more closely.  Since I filed an appeal on my taxes, the county can only charge 85 percent of the total tax.  If not for the appeal, my taxes would have/perhaps will increase by over $300 from last year.  In the meantime, I'll wait for DeKalb County to double by sanitation rates.  That should be appearing on a bill in the not-too-distant future!

No comments: