Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm Running for City Council!

The article below appears in Tuesday's Crier.  Some would say that I'm out of my mind - including my wife - but I really do get a lot of satisfaction in being part of the community.  In the next few weeks I will be outlining my thoughts on the city, but simply read some of my past blogs and you know where I stand.
Thx,
Bob

Bob Fiscella, a Dunwoody resident since 1993 and current vice president of the Dunwoody Homeowners Association, has announced he will run for the Dunwoody City Council District 2 at-large seat being vacated by Danny Ross.

Fiscella is a residential realtor with Keller Williams, and a one-time Emmy Award-winning sportscaster with Fox Sports and CNN. He has been an active member of All Saints Church since moving to Dunwoody, is currently president of his Springfield neighborhood association, and the out-going vice president of Kingsley Racquet & Swim Club.

“I’ve really enjoyed getting involved in this community, and would love to continue to do so as a member of city council “Fiscella said. “Councilman Ross has done a great job to ensure our tax dollars are wisely spent, and certainly that would be one of my priorities.”

“I can’t think of a better person to sit on the council than Bob,” said Sandy Springs Police Department major and Dunwoody resident David Bertrand. “He takes the necessary time to understand all sides of the issues, and his trust factor is off the charts.”
Fiscella is a graduate of the University of Texas with a degree in broadcast journalism. He has been married to Rita Fiscella since 1995. His 12-year old son Jack is a sixth grader at Peachtree Charter Middle School; his nine-year old daughter Danielle is in fourth grade at Dunwoody Elementary School. Previously, both attended Vanderlyn Elementary.

Fiscella is also a familiar sight at Murphey Candler Park, helping coach and support his son’s baseball and football teams, and his daughter’s softball teams. He is an avid blogger; his site is www.dunwoodyusa.org.

2 comments:

Chip said...

I just wanted to let you know that I will continue to offer my insightful (inciteful?) critique of your performance, as I have to the previous council members and mayor.

DunwoodyTalk said...

best of luck, Bob