Friday, January 6, 2012

Perimeter Mall Replaces Bloomingdale's; Last Season for Dunwoody's Seacrest on Idol?

By Peter Cox
Dunwoody Patch

Perimeter Mall moves quickly.
One day after Bloomingdale's announced it would be closing its Perimeter Mall store, Von Maur, an Iowa-based department store, made public its plans to move into the slot.
Von Maur, an upscale department store, will move into the mall and open in the fall of 2012, General Growth Properties, which owns Perimeter Mall, announced Thursday. 
Click to read full story.

Last Season for Dunwoody's Ryan Seacrest on American Idol?

Rodney Ho
Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Ryan Seacrest, with blond tips and Brian Dunkleman in tow, launched “American Idol” nearly ten years ago. Entering season 11, a much wealthier, darker-haired Seacrest is about to hit a crossroads.

His three-year, $45 million contract expires after this season. Is Seacrest ready to truly say, “Seacrest out?”

Hollywood Reporter speculates that given the show’s declining ratings trajectory (season 10 notwithstanding), he may have to take a pay cut to stick around. Simon Fuller, who was a big ally of Seacrest, the story noted, is no longer involved. Producers could pay a replacement significantly less, of course, than $15 million.  Click Ryan Seacrest to read full story.

Weekend Weather
Good news, bad news on the weather front this weekend.  Temperatures will heat up into the low 60s and Friday's forecast is outstanding!  However, there is a 40 percent chance for rain on Saturday and Sunday.  Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope the 60 percent chance of no rain prevails. 

No comments: