Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's Not All Glamour

As I wrote yesterday, I drove to the State Ethics Commission (a municipal building in the shadows of the state Capitol) for a three-hour seminar on the "dos" and "don'ts" of running a political campaign. I learned enough to almost, almost think about not running. I learned that making a mistake in reporting campaign contributions could be costly - as in a fine of $1,000 to $10,000! So you can bet that I will be doubly sure to dot all of my Is and cross all of my Ts. But it was a great experience. It gave me a little more respect for the men and women who do choose to run for political office. Whereas some candidates in the city of Dunwoody races have hired political consultants and campaign managers and committees, I am virtually a one man band. I will be responsible for all of my campaign finance reporting. With that said, contributions are welcome and I won't complain about the extra work!

Sincerely,

Bob

No comments: