Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Why I Am Running For City Council

After much debate, not to mention constant urging from friends and neighbors, I have officially thrown my hat into the ring as a candidate for the District 2 (local) Council position for the new city of Dunwoody. This afternoon (August 6, 2008) I drove down to the DeKalb municipal building on Memorial Dr. and paid my $360 (which is almost equal to the cost of gas to drive there).

The question now becomes, do I know what I've gotten into? The answer is, probably not! But then again, I'm not really sure I knew what I was getting into when I had my first child (Jack was born nine years ago, followed by a second child, Danielle who was born 6 years ago). The point being, once that first child was born - I was committed. And I will be committed to the city of Dunwoody. For better or worse. The same way I've been committed to Dunwoody since moving here almost 15 years ago. Right now, I don't have all the answers. But I will be in constant search of finding the answers. And hopefully, like a child, we can raise this city to become a source of pride and joy.

I ask for your help. I ask for your prayers. And last but not least, I ask for your vote.

Sincerely,

Bob

No comments: