Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Setting the Record Straight

There was an email circulating that said I was in favor of widening the roads in Dunwoody. I want to set the record straight (it is the same position I took at the candidate's forum at Dunwoody United Methodist Church). I will NOT support widening the roads in interior Dunwoody. NEVER. NEVER. NEVER.
What I said is - I think we need right and left hand turn lanes at particular intersections on Mt. Vernon Rd. in order to alleviate traffic jams (or at the very least diligently study the matter). I also feel we need to study the intersection at N. Peachtree Rd. and Tilly Mill. But at the same time, I will not support widening interior veins in Dunwoody because all that will do is make us a "cut thru" city and that's the last thing we want.

No comments: