Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Putting the Spring in Springfield, Dunwoody Fires Finance Director

Temperatures are in the 70's and flowers are starting to pop - spring is definitely in the air (to be exact - 9 days). By the way, we are less than a month away from The Masters, which, to me, is the real sign that spring is here.
-
I was at the Dunwoody City Council meeting on Monday and was very pleased to see that the city has finalized an agreement for a phone, internet and communications system. Thanks to the diligence of our District 2 Councilman Danny Ross, the city was able to save over $100,000 from the deal that initially was agreed upon.

After the meeting I learned that the city manager had fired finance director John Grotheer. I wish I could tell you why, but nothing was said about the move during the council meeting.

No comments: