Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day


Happy Memorial Day! I hope, at some point during the day, each and every one of us spend a moment in thought remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country. And thank those that have served or are serving in our military.
I never wore the uniform, but my father is part of our country's greatest generation, having served in the Navy during World War II. A couple of days after his 18th birthday and prior to graduating from high school, he enlisted in the Navy. Just a few months later, he was on an aircraft carrier, the USS Randolph, in the south Pacific fully engaged in the war. I can't even imagine it! Thanks Dad - I'll talk to you later today.
The video below (click on the photo to watch) is most appropriate for this Memorial Day.


No comments: