Saturday, May 1, 2010

Thompson to Run for City Council; Huge Garage Sale

The following announcement is from Dunwoody resident Doug Thompson, who plans to run for the city council seat in District 3 that is being vacated by Tom Taylor (Taylor is running for state representative, a position currently held by Fran Millar, who is running for the state senate seat currently held by Dan Weber, who is retiring).

It is with great excitement and with the support of my family, friends, neighbors and colleagues that I announce my candidacy for the local District 3 City Council post with the City of Dunwoody. Tom Taylor has done a wonderful job in this position before stepping down to run for State office and has agreed to endorse my candidacy.

I will shortly begin the process of fundraising and campaigning.

Having run for this position in the inaugural election, I am well aware of the financial and time commitment required. I look forward to your support and the opportunity to serve the citizens of Dunwoody.

Doug Thompson
www.douglasthompson.blogspot.com
(770) 396-3661-w

Garage Sale

Looking for a Saturday morning garage sale? One of our neighbors asked me to pass along the sale going on this morning (until 1pm) at 4756 Ashford Club Dr. Among the items for sale: antiques, lladros, Royal Doultons, Gorham set/36 glasses, bedspread ensemble, collectibles including Coke, Wiz of oz, a fantastic unique child’s old school desk w/ bk storage, jewelry-silver, gold and costume, framed pictures to include Judaica as well as some other Judaic figurines/music boxes etc.

No comments: